Upgrade der technischen Software-Architektur
Neun neue Sprachen
- New Standard 25 passes for new registrations.
- The centring window has been removed to allow for a more fluid and therefore more intense and efficient workout.
More modern user interface
- The user interface was modernised in over 100 hours of work. I hope you like it as much as I do! Thank you very much for your support!
- New logo: Thanks for the new logo go to my wife Anne Lutz (www.annelutz.ch)
- Improved train simulator
- More options for image search 2
- New business cards: Order now free of charge: Order business cards
Automated level recommendation
- Based on your training data, we recommend you to go one level further or back.
- The following factors are taken into account: Reaction time, error rate and number of practice rounds.
- Once all values are within the range of the comparison group,
it is recommended to go one level further.
- If you are slower or make many mistakes compared to the peer group,
we recommend that you choose an easier level.
- The comparison group consists of many users of this software.
- You can choose any level at any time; we only make a recommendation.
- This new feature is currently still in BETA
stage and may provide inaccurate or wrong recommendations.
Read more articles
Hemianopsia: Training options after a stroke
What is hemianopsia? Hemianopsia or hemianopia is a vision impairment that can occur, for example, after a stroke, brain haemorrhage, brain surgery or tumour disease.
Hemianopsia: The story of the saccadic training
Hemianopsia is a hemifacial loss of the visual field that is often the result of a stroke. This reduces or diminishes the field of vision of the person affected, which can lead to considerable restrictions in everyday life.
Interview with a stroke patient: "Discipline and a positive attitude contribute a lot to recovery".
This is an interview with a person from Switzerland (Baselland) who has suffered a stroke. Thank you very much for the permission to publish the interview anonymously! Interview questions: What is your medical history? I was diagnosed with hemianopsia on the right after a subacute stroke.
Personal report: From coma to everyday life
This is a testimonial from Mr M. from Western Switzerland. He has been kind enough to share his personal and heartfelt story here Introduction With the early diagnosis of my stroke, the saccadic training played a pivotal role in the positive development of my vision.
Driving after hemianopsia
Approximately 200,000 people in Germany suffer a stroke every year, and most of them continue to struggle with the consequences for a long time afterwards. About 10% of these people suffer from visual field defects (e.g. hemianopsia or visual neglect),which lead to reduced vision.
"Constant practice of the saccade movement is worthwhile"
This is an interview with occupational therapist Marina Preisig from Switzerland. She uses the saccadic training regularly and was kind enough to answer some questions about the visual training. Thank you very much for the permission to publish the interview!
Version 1.1.Seven new languages:
- More modern user interface
- Faster loading time
- More modern server environment (PHP8)
- Improved display for mobile devices
- You can now learn more about eye training with the help of videos and adapt it to your needs more easily than ever before!
Show all videos
- Extend the eye training individually and simply:
- Improved display of the traffic lights of the car simulator
- Improved representation of the user interface
- Improved display of emails
- Over 300+ code improvements
Change exercise parameters more easily
- Change settings of an exercise such as levels or categories directly in the exercise:
- The update should make the exercises more reliable and faster.
- No changes should be visible on the surface. "Only" the code was improved.
- Tested for Chrome, Firefox, IE11, Safari and Edge.
Registered medical product
The saccadic training has been a medical product since July 2020. Unfortunately only six of the original 15 exercises could be certified. If you want to use all 15 exercises, you can use the new app Oculy:
What does that mean?
- This product is registered as a medical product according to current legislation.
- The software is used to compensate for visual field loss. The focus is on training the healthy eyes to compensate for the limitation.
- The product was developed based on interviews with patients and health professionals (doctors, neuropsychologists, orthoptists and occupational therapists).
- Based on these interviews, it was precisely defined what requirements the product must fulfil.
- Then the product was developed according to a predefined software development plan.
- In addition, the software has been tested for various risks: Every person can use the software without hesitation as long as they do not have an acute eye disease (e.g. inflammation) or suffer from photosensitive evoked epilepsy.
- Risks and the entire product are regularly checked for errors according to a predefined test scenario.
- The product was clinically evaluated: It was found that it is a comparable product in the field of compensatory eye training and that it is not necessary to investigate the product with a separate study, as it is based on a well-studied principle.