BackgroundThis exercise offers a very realistic simulation of a car ride for people who cannot drive after a stroke. You can train your reaction and eyes thanks to various real-life videos from the traffic. On the left and right side of the screen you will see a traffic light with three different options: Green, orange and red. Your task is to press the space bar on your keyboard as soon as you see a red signal. It does not matter whether the red signal appears on the left or right. Since you don't know where the signal appears, you have to constantly look with your eyes from one side to the other. This allows you to train your eyes in the blind side area.
In the settings you can also adjust the exact traffic light position to match the user's needs. If someone has problems with the upper right, the signal can be moved to this corner. Furthermore, you can activate an additional distraction with the radio function. Current radio stations from all over the world are played back via the Internet.
- Sit in a distance of 30cm (12 inches) centered in front of the screen.
- Enlarge your browser window if necessary, so that it fills the whole screen.
- Fix your head (e.g. with one hand),so it will not move.
- Press the spacebar as soon as you see the red traffic light on the left or right side
- Search the screen with your eyes only, your head does not move.
- Work out 2 times a day, each 30 minutes, 5 days a week.To test this exercise extensively, you can register for a 14 -day trial version of the saccadic training here free of charge and without obligation:
Test this exercise
Ⓒ 2018 GURTNER IT SOLUTIONS