BackgroundThe feneral training is a classic exercise to improve eye movements. Even before the time of computers, eye training with people was carried out in a similar way. At that time, different numbers, letters or objects in different sizes were placed on a wall and an instructor carried out the training. He had to find a specific object. He was only allowed to move his eyes, not his head. After the object was found, he had to find a new object suggested by the instructor, and in the computer age this exercise can now be done a little easier and without an instructor at home. Of course, the complete training should be discussed and accompanied by a specialist, but now an instructor no longer has to carry out the exercise all the time. Once instructed, all exercises of the saccade trainer are designed so that they can also be performed independently, and thanks to the Easy mode, this exercise can also be performed by people with a severe visual impairment. With this mode, the target object to be searched for is clearly displayed so that it should be relatively easy to find.
- Sit in a distance of 30cm (12 inches) centered in front of the screen.
- Enlarge your browser window if necessary, so that it fills the whole screen.
- Fix your head (e.g. with one hand),so it will not move.
- Many numbers will appear on the screen. You have to find every |user_symbol| on the whole screen and go over it with the mouse.
- Search the screen with your eyes only, your head does not move.
- Work out 2 times a day, each 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
To test this exercise extensively, you can register for a 14 -day trial version of the saccadic training here free of charge and without obligation:
Test this exercise
Ⓒ 2019 GURTNER IT SOLUTIONS