BackgroundReading training offers an innovative and simple way to improve the reading speed after a stroke. In studies, the therapy with a running text showed particularly good effects in a right-sided hemianopsia. Of course, this is only for people who read from left to right.
This exercise offers a rich variety of exciting contents, so that it should not get boring when reading. There are headlines from newspapers from all over the world (CNN, The New York Times, Frankfurter Allgemein, CBC etc.). They are loaded via RSS feed and thus offer a possibility to stay up to date despite reading problems. Furthermore, there are some short stories and even complete books such as From the life of a good-for-nothing or Max & Moritz. You can also upload your own text or add your own RSS feeds for special interests. Thanks to the detailed adjustment options, the training can be adapted to almost any person. Of course you can change the speed, text size, color, font and more.
- Sit in a distance of 30cm (12 inches) centered in front of the screen.
- Enlarge your browser window if necessary, so that it fills the whole screen.
- Fix your head (e.g. with one hand),so it will not move.
- Read the flow text
- Search the screen with your eyes only, your head does not move.
- Work out 2 times a day, each 30 minutes, 5 days a week.To test this exercise extensively, you can register for a 14 -day trial version of the saccadic training here free of charge and without obligation:
Test this exercise
Ⓒ 2018 GURTNER IT SOLUTIONS