BackgroundThis exercise has been developed specifically for people with retinitis pigmentosa. With these visual field restrictions, you can only see in the center. You can't see anything in the periphery. The task is to find a certain number. On the whole screen you will see many different numbers and you have to find every 5 on the screen. They are distributed in a circle so that they appear at the border of the visible area. Thanks to the settings, this limit can be adjusted exactly to the patient's needs. Thus, the patient can gradually expand this limit and extend the field of vision subjectively. Important: This exercise is not a healing exercise, but a compensation strategy that improves eye movements.
- Sit in a distance of 30cm (12 inches) centered in front of the screen.
- Enlarge your browser window if necessary, so that it fills the whole screen.
- Fix your head (e.g. with one hand),so it will not move.
- Many numbers will appear on the screen. You have to find every |user_symbol| on the whole screen and go over it with the mouse.
- Search the screen with your eyes only, your head does not move.
- Work out 2 times a day, each 30 minutes, 5 days a week.To test this exercise extensively, you can register for a 14 -day trial version of the saccadic training here free of charge and without obligation:
Test this exercise
Ⓒ 2018 GURTNER IT SOLUTIONS